Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: Direct Tv vs Dish

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Direct Tv vs Dish

    Ok I know there is a Dish guy on here....where is he at?
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Direct Tv vs Dish

    to follow up why I asked this question.....direct sent a guy out here to install....he didn't bring his appropriate equipment to complete the install, they want me to sign a waiver if they screw stuff up, they want to change me extra money to put it on a pole, some kind of "pole fee". I set up my cable d/c for the same day, now I have to go with out, which is no big deal it is just the principle of the situation. When we called about this issue no one was helpful they were looking more towards how they were gonna get more money.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Direct Tv vs Dish

    I have mine on a poll and there was not charge. I have dish and love their service. They bent over backwards to get me approved and get it installed that day. They had some problems but they stayed until the job was done that day.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Direct Tv vs Dish

    For the 50 millionth time Direct > Dish you can install those dishes yourself. It's really not that hard to do.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Direct Tv vs Dish

    I know that but when I signed up I did it through verizon and they said that I HAD to have someone come out to do it, and they were gonna charge 50 dollars for a pole. you don't need to tell me 50 mil time I know, but I could not avoid it.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Direct Tv vs Dish

    Honestly, and I'm not trying to be smart. But what you did was really not needed. You can buy the dish and reciever yourself and put it up, and then just call and get them to activate the card. In some extreme cases they have to send you a new card.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Direct Tv vs Dish

    what I am saying is they told me I HAD to have professional install.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_Union_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2002
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Direct Tv vs Dish

    Mikmo said he would be out to set it up for ya. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Direct Tv vs Dish

    Only if you come with him Union [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

    j/k, bring dawgfan and will have a big time
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •